Friday, August 10, 2007

Weekend Getaway

So it's the weekend again and we just got paid this week so I'm planning to indulge myself in a swimming expedition at the lake near my place. They built a water park over there and I'm pretty stoked since it's been a while since I had a dip. Some of my friends who I haven't seen for months are flying in from out of town so it should be quite interesting.

So anyway work today is pretty stressful. Not a lot of calls again but what makes me and Baby Jesus cry a little inside is the amount of time our database loads up per query. Honestly this program can't be any slower ! It takes 10-15 minutes just to query customers and more often than not it takes around 2-3 queries per person. It's frustrating because I've had a handful or angry customers who wanted information fast and they could not understand why it takes so long to just double check some details with regards to the status of their order.

Honestly I could burn in hell with all the excuses I've made just to cover up for this slow program.

But look on the bright side, there must be a reason as to why the database is getting bigger. Check out my flow chart !

Bigger Database = Slower Access time

BUT

Bigger Database = More orders

SO

More orders = More $$$

THEREFORE

More $$$ = More Salary ??

... oh yes I went there lol

Later!

2 comments:

Christine Fuller Lucas said...

So, the lake. Ever notice how nothing good ever happens at a lake. There's Jason and his trusty hockey mask. There's Lake Placid and foul-mouthed Betty White. (The funniest part of that movie) Oh, and there's Henry Fonda trying to drive that darn boat and mashing his head against a rock. In all fareness, that was a POND. Better pray to the baby Jesus that your lake doesn't have those fish that swim up your Virginia or your Pensacola. Nasty little buggers. Saw it on Grey's Anatomy, ok. So trust me. I know what I'm talking about.

Cheap Jerseys said...

Buy Nfl Jerseys MLB NBA NHL Jerseys from the sports store. Get geared up for 2013 with our selection of Authentic and Replica Jerseys featuring Cheap NFL Jerseys, Cheap MLB Jerseys, Cheap NBA Jerseys, Cheap NHL Jerseys.