Thursday, August 2, 2007

Getting sick

Getting sick is absolutely the worse thing that can happen to the working man. It prohibits his ability to function properly and thus making himself a liability to himself as well to his co-workers around him directly or indirectly. It may not always be his fault but what can we do ? Life isn't fair. It should always be our responsibility to keep ourselves healthy.

I'm starting to get sick right now and I don't know why. I have a runny nose and I'm starting to develop a cough. It must be something in the air and I'm sure I just "picked" this up from an unknown source worse/better off than me. Good thing it did not really bother me when talking to the customers today, only the occasional hold button when I needed to sneeze or my nose gets too stuffy.

A few days ago there was this customer who I couldn't understand because she was sneezing and coughing every 5 seconds. I tried explaining to her that it would be best if she wrote me an email but sadly she wanted the concern done and over with. I felt really bad for her since she seemed to be in so much pain and anguish. I just closed our conversation with a "get well soon , you should go see a doctor" remark and for a moment, all the sickness in her voice vanished when she said thank you. Made the 30 minute call worth the while.

Later

2 comments:

Cheap Jerseys said...

Buy Nfl Jerseys MLB NBA NHL Jerseys from the sports store. Get geared up for 2013 with our selection of Authentic and Replica Jerseys featuring Cheap NFL Jerseys, Cheap MLB Jerseys, Cheap NBA Jerseys, Cheap NHL Jerseys.

Buy Nfl Jerseys said...

Great, I think you covered everything there. . .