Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Small World

Today I had one of the most interesting calls during my work tenure here at EyeBuyDirect. A customer called our 1-800 number to double check her prescription from a previous order she had made. Since it was a pretty old order, I had to dig it up from our archives which took a while since our database was going through some maintenance work. We got into quite a bit of a chat, talking mostly about how it was pretty great that company like ours existed to save people literally hundreds of dollars with regards to their eyeglasses.

I found out that she studied in the same school I did and apparently we were classmates in a Major class I took up a few years back. It was so surreal since we chatted about this certain professor who people gossiped a lot about since he had this eccentric attitude which was pretty much offensive to most of the female population in that class. I didn't notice that our chat had lasted around 15 minutes and my manager was already staring at me since he overheard our conversation and was giving me the "evil-eye". I hung up the phone with a smile on my face.

This is one of the things I love about my job. It is so real and human that this is what Customer Service is all about. It's about connecting with people and offering a certain service that you and only you can give. It's just a bonus that we had that conversation but it was so genuine that , that pretty much made my day ( aside from the fact that we got our salary today woohoo! ).

Later

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun blo, you have a good main topic here ! (found you on the Blogger forum ;)

I'd suggest you to spice up your template a bit - I'm sure you can do something really fun with it, given that you have a main theme for your blog. Takes time to know all the blogger tricks, we've all been there...

I'll check out your blog once in a while ! :)

Gabby EBD said...

Thanks for the kind comments, I'll be sure to fix my layout as I am a total noob in HTML coding :) I'm currently reading your blog and I find it very insightful !

NFL Jerseys said...

Buy Nfl Jerseys MLB NBA NHL Jerseys from the sports store. Get geared up for 2013 with our selection of Authentic and Replica Jerseys featuring Cheap NFL Jerseys, Cheap MLB Jerseys, Cheap NBA Jerseys, Cheap NHL Jerseys.

Cheap NFL Jerseys said...

Nice post.Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful! I’m still waiting for some interesting thoughts from your side in your next post thanks

Cheap Jerseys
Buy Nfl Jerseys