Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Officially bringing food to work

I've finally given up take-outs and deliveries for my meals taken at the office. Our office is situated in an area that there are not a lot of restaurants available for lunch and dinner as well. We only have a 24-hour Kwik-E mart and some little canteen that serves G R E A S Y Chinese food which shortens your life with every viand taken in.

I took it upon myself to buy a steamer / griller last weekend in order for me too cook my own food going to work. Today I had a lovely lunch of steamed chicken breast topped with curry-powder with vegetable medley ala Gabby. I'm trying this whole new eating healthy craze since I've been eating JUNK for the past 8months of 2007.

Anyway work today was pretty busy and I got a few inbound calls from France. First 2 calls were okay since they knew how to speak English but the call after that was killer. We spent a good 10 minutes trying to understand and explain to each other what the concern was. The lady eventually said something along the lines that she would ask a friend to give us a call to explain the situation better. Friend called 5 minutes later but his English was not that good as well. There was a lot of giggling in the background as the guy struggled to speak in English. A few minutes later a different voice came on with English that would make Baby Jesus cry. The giggling intensified and I couldn't help but laugh as well with the situation. The conversation turned more casual after I just told them to email me the concern as it would be easier to just translate written French.

Call took about 25 minutes total and we just talked about how they found out about our website and how much the French love us Americans. Lol.

Later.

2 comments:

home jerseys said...

Buy Nfl Jerseys MLB NBA NHL Jerseys from the sports store. Get geared up for 2013 with our selection of Authentic and Replica Jerseys featuring Cheap NFL Jerseys, Cheap MLB Jerseys, Cheap NBA Jerseys, Cheap NHL Jerseys.

Cheap NFL Jerseys said...

Nice post.Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful! I’m still waiting for some interesting thoughts from your side in your next post thanks