Monday, August 13, 2007

Starting to cool off

As I left my house this morning to go to the office, I was pleasantly greeted by the cool weather when I stepped out of my apartment. I was already anticipating that today would be a pretty HOT day since last week temperatures were off the charts. I thought, would I prefer walking to work in extremely cold or hot weather ? I sweat like a pig and pretty much my whole outfit is drenched in perspiration once I get to work EVERY day during Summer.

I often try and bring an extra shirt so that I would only be humiliated for the first 1 minute from the time I enter the office, to the time I get to my cubicle and to the bathroom to change shirts. If it were winter, I would be wrapped in at least 4 layers of clothing and I immediately head to the coffee machine to get myself a hot cup of joe to defrost myself.

All in all I would say that I would want to have a colder weather as compared to a hotter weather. Getting sweaty isn't pretty and for me, ruins my concentration specially if I know at the start of the day I stink already.

So anyway pretty bizarre call I got in today. This lady called our 1800 number and the first thing she says if we can ship the glasses by today so she can get it by tomorrow. I tell her that normal processing time takes a few days and we don't do over night shipping. She begged me if I could do something about it but I told her it was out of my hands. Her voice started to crack and suddenly she burst into tears. She was sobbing, telling me that she just broke her glasses a few hours ago and that she needed glasses badly. I asked her what was wrong and she told me she was getting married tomorrow! She was afraid she could not read a speech prepared by her family for her to say during the wedding. I told her that usually, she just has to repeat whatever the priest would say but she kept on saying "No I need to read it, golly gee I need to read it" No one in her town could make glasses that fast and she didn't have contacts. I told her to calm down and try going to Walmart and check out the ready made glasses there and see if there would be something that might fit her.

In the end she thanked me profusely for listening to her story and told her she would be ordering glasses from us soon. Awww

Later

2 comments:

Christine Fuller Lucas said...

I don't know where you are, but we sweat at my job like we're trying out for "Fame".

Buy Nfl Jerseys said...

Buy Nfl Jerseys MLB NBA NHL Jerseys from the sports store. Get geared up for 2013 with our selection of Authentic and Replica Jerseys featuring Cheap NFL Jerseys, Cheap MLB Jerseys, Cheap NBA Jerseys, Cheap NHL Jerseys.